Saturday, August 18, 2007

This Blog May Be Misleading Too

The golden rule in Bates practice is that you should only trust the original texts by Dr. Bates and his direct associates (such as Emily), and listen only to those practitioners who have completely cured themselves, or are close to the complete cure.

You can find loads of misleading "Bates-like" books by so called "disciples" of Dr. Bates. The Bates community forums are full of nonsense too.

As a matter of fact, Bates method is about 80 years old. It is likely that every meaningful thing that could be said about the method, has already been said. There is no need to write new books and invent new techniques and "Bates programs". What people are really looking for is encouragement from other practitioners, now and then.

Ideally, I should have started this blog when I have myself completely cured. However at that time I will most likely forget a lot and lose my interest, while I'd like to warn the others about the mistakes I am making on my way.

I am not a Bates interpreter. My goal is to attract people to the original ideas of Dr. Bates by sharing my own experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is really brilliant and will be helpful for everyone practicing the cure of imperfect sight by treatment without glasses.

Thank you!