Wednesday, August 22, 2007

7 Tips for Sun-Gazing Learned in the Hard Way

In my early days, I used to think that sun treatment in Bates method was like vitamin pills - supposed to be good for you, but virtually imperceptible to your overall health unless you've got a deficiency.

Needless to say how wrong I was. Sun treatment appears to be a real strain killer. Its effect is so great that I would say I have never even started practicing Bates method until I began sun treatment. I am not alone in feeling like this, read what others from my favorite Bates community say.

(Note that I intentionally use the original term "sun treatment", not "solarization" or "sunning" that are misleading.)

In fact, the ability to look directly at the sun without discomfort is an equivalent indicator of relaxation, similar to the memory of black dot. In other words, when your eyesight is perfect, you can look at the sun without discomfort and afterimages for any period of time, and in reverse, if you are strained, you can't do this, or only can for a short period of time.

Unfortunately, people are frightened by the idea of looking directly at the sun. For this reason, "Bates disciples" reduced the role of sun treatment in their books, and invented abridged techniques, for they had no true faith in Dr. Bates discoveries and were superstitious that people could permanently damage their eyes. At the bottom line, very few in today Bates communities practice sun treatment. Look at the forums and you will hardly find many threads about sun treatment; in contrast, you will find loads of threads on things that don't matter at all. This needs to be changed.

It is also true however that sun treatment needs to be done properly and with discretion. Look what Bates said:

"One has to be very careful in recommending sun-gazing to persons with imperfect sight; because although no permanent harm can result from it, great temporary discomfort may be produced, with no permanent benefit. In some rare cases, however, complete cures have been effected by this means alone."

When I took my first sun treatment session, I was impatient and stupid enough to do it all wrong. In result, I suffered of afterimages (also known as scotoma, pl. scotomata) that lasted over two months. When that yellowish round spot in the center of my view field didn't go the next day, and after two days, and after a week, you bet it scared the shit out of me. It took me a while to fully demonstrate to myself that scotomata were only illusions caused by strain. Like floaters, I was myself supporting that damned illusion by permanently worrying about it. And paradoxically, the best way to get rid of the afterimage was to look at the sun again :). So looking back I realize that although I indeed haven't caused myself any permanent harm, this temporary discomfort could have been avoided too if I weren't such an idiot.

So I gradually elaborated a set of safety and efficiency tips for sun treatment for myself. By following these tips I no longer experience lasting afterimages. The worst I get is a couple of minutes watery yellowish field immediately after sun-gazing. The best I get is no afterimages at all, that is how it should be.

Please note that although these tips are good for me, you may need to adjust them to your own peculiarities, so begin cautiously and learn from your own experience.

Safety Tip #1: Never Force Yourself!
Whenever you look at the sun and feel an intolerable urge to close your eyes, do it immediately! This is how my body signals that I am not ready - it feels like if I were extremely sleepy or like dust fell into my eyes. Never force your eyes to stay open, don't hold your eyelids with your fingers, don't squint, don't frown, don't cover the eyes with your hand etc. Sun gazing is only beneficial when you look at the sun literally without any discomfort, like if you were looking at the screen of your computer. Otherwise it will only cause you afterimages.

For this reason, I find it better to look at the sun when it is high and bright, in contrast to what some may recommend. When the sun is around its peak, it is impossible to look at it without relaxation, whereas when the sun is low (especially when it seems yellow or red on the sunset) or clouded, one can look at it with the strain still there, which causes no benefit but scotomata very quickly.

Safety Tip#2: Be Patient and Moderate!
After learning how good sun treatment is, it is tempting to start right away and do it as often and as long as you can, but learn to be patient and moderate. Start with short sessions and then gradually increase their length, and begin each session slowly and smoothly.

Bright light is beneficial for the eyes. You'd agree that on sunny days you see better than on dim days, and the brighter is the light, the more is the relaxation. This is how sun treatment works. However, an abrupt change of illumination causes a temporary strike of strain (this is why even people with normal sight sometimes see afterimages), so the idea is to drive in (and out of) the bright light as smooth as possible.

Here is a grade of sun treatment methods, sorted by increasing intensity:

1. Look at the sun with closed eyes (few minutes)
2. Look at the sun with closed eyes and focus sun rays on the eyelids using a burning glass (few minutes) Note: Constantly move the burning glass around to avoid heating.
3. Open the eyes and look down while focusing rays on the white part of the eyeball (1-2 minutes)
4. Look at the sky or near the sun with open eyes (few minutes, while you don't feel discomfort)
5. Look directly at the sun with open eyes (1 - 30 seconds, while you don't feel discomfort )
6. Repeat from step 1 (5-10 times).

During each session, I start with a less intense method, then pass to a more intense method, then repeat. Usually I allocate about 30 min in total. If I'm in haste, I better don't do sun treatment at all, because it is not going to be efficient unless I take my time. After all, sun-gazing is a pleasure I would hate to miss or cut short :).

I may take 1-5 sessions per day. From day to day, I may increase the duration (in seconds) of direct sun gazing, and the number of sessions per day, but do it slowly and cautiously, because sometimes it happens that although I don't have an afterimage immediately after sun-gazing, I may have it in the evening of the same day when the strain returns with the twilight.

Here's what Bates wrote:

"Light is necessary to the health of the eye, and darkness is injurious to it. Eye shades, dark glasses, darkened rooms, weaken the sight and sooner or later produce inflammations. Persons with normal sight can look directly at the sun, or at the strongest artificial light, without injury or discomfort, and persons with imperfect sight are never permanently injured by such lights, though temporary ill effects, lasting from a few minutes to a few hours, days, weeks, months, or longer, may be produced. In all abnormal conditions of the eyes, light is beneficial. It is rarely sufficient to cure, but is a great help in gaining relaxation by other methods.

The quickest way to get results from the curative power of sunlight is to focus the rays with a burning glass on the white part of the eye when the patient looks far downward, moving the light from side to side to avoid heat. This may be done for part of a minute at frequent intervals.

Looking at the sun, while slower in its results, has often been sufficient to effect permanent cures, sometimes in a very short time. There is a right way and a wrong way to do this. Persons with imperfect sight should never took directly at the sun at first, because, while no permanent harm can come from it, great temporary inconvenience may result. Such persons should begin by looking to one side of the sun, and after becoming accustomed to the strong light, should look a little nearer to its source, and so on until they become able to look directly at the sun without discomfort."

And please read the related original Bates chapter about sun treatment!

Continued... It's time for me to look at the sun while it's shining in my window :)

28 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I am curious as to the details of your scotoma experience. I too, have been very dumb and have had my scotoma for almost a month now. Did yours go away immediately after sun treatment the proper way? or did it go away slowly? If so, how slowly.

Oleg Krupnov said...

natalie,

The scotoma was gone just after I stopped worrying and thinking about it. That's why I don't remember when it happened. I do remember that for about two months I saw sun-sized yellowish spot noticeable on bright objects, and some of the colors, e.g. pink and blue were distorted. I don't think there was a slow fading out, and I don't actually care.

The scotoma is an illusion that you learn to produce when you look at the sun with strain. Anyone can be taught to produce scotomata, just like any other kind of illusions of imperfect sight, just by straining in a special way (see Chapter XVI). You don't even have to look at the sun to reproduce a scotoma, and that's why it lasts for long. You just look on the wall, remember to check if you still have the scotoma and bingo, you have it there.

The fuel for scotomata is your fear. There's a mystic connection between sun and fear. I was actually very frightened then. After I got the scotoma, I read on some website a scary story about a scientist who stared at the sun to explore the scotomata, and soon became blind. I also read that many people damaged their eyesight permanently from looking at the sun during eclipse. I literally felt sick out of fear that I have damaged my eyesight permanently by myself. All I could do was to rely uneasily on Dr. Bates authority and Rishi who said that scotomata are always temporary.

My fear was somewhat relieved when I noticed that scotoma is not permanent and sometimes it's not there when I don't think about it. Then I noticed also that when I look at the sun, the scotoma may first appear, but then when I blink and adapt for the bright light, it dissolves. These facts fully demonstrated to myself that scotomata are volatile illusions, and I calmed down completely and no longer had problems with them.

I'd recommend that at first you do sun treatment with closed eyes and using the burning glass, because I'm not sure you can get rid of your initial stress and fear very quickly. Also, your strain will keep causing you scotomata. After I resumed my sun treatment, I also had scotomata that lasted for a day or two. Only after a year of practice, I no longer have scotomata lasting longer than 5 minutes, and they are very dilute. The sun no longer appears so intolerably bright and my old fears seem ridiculous. Sun is really our friend.

You can also use other methods to obtain relaxation until you feel safe to open your eyes and look at the sun. Don't push yourself and take your time.

Matija said...

Hello,
interesting reading. I am wondering if you had problems with eye floaters
because you mentioned it in the text above.

Thanks and best regards, Matija, Slovenia.

Oleg Krupnov said...

Eye floaters are not a problem. Everyone, including people with normal sight, can see them when they want. Floaters become visible due to a special kind of mental strain. Whatever those floaters are, the truth is that once you are able to notice the short swing when you look at something, the floaters disappear. Read this post: http://sorrisi.wordpress.com/2009/10/05/ch-xxiii-floaters/

Any time you notice floaters, you should ignore them and think about something else. They are not a problem. If you keep thinking about them, you will keep noticing them all the time and that will strain your mind more, and you will see more floaters, and so on. You should distract your mind entirely from floaters, just like anything connected with your eyes, and instead practice mental relaxation, such as noticing the swing, central fixation and memory of black.

lovely said...

Sun holds vast energy that is awaiting to be unleash by us, mankind for our greater benefits. Using the power of the sun will make us reach a greater new heights! I suggest you watch the movie what if? the movie @ http://www.whatifthemovie.tv where Hira Ratan Manek talks about sun gazing benefits and the right way to do it. I learned a lot from it.

Be Big said...

iphone app for sungazing

http://itunes.apple.com/vn/app/sungazing/id475090443?mt=8

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the advice.
I'm finding that sun gazing is helping tremendously with my myopia (about 1 dioptre).

Unknown said...

I'm not sure if I believe anything I've read here after you said no health benefits could be gained from looking at the sun when it's low. You obviously never heard of HRM, the guru of sungazing.

Oleg Krupnov said...

@John, I was not talking about any health benefits. I was talking about possible mental relaxation effecting from sun gazing that could benefit the eyesight. Besides, some people find gazing at the low sun relaxing as well.

HRM is a totally different thing which I don’t want to discuss here.

Unknown said...

I hope this is the effective treatment to erase sun damage

Unknown said...

Floaters are illusion? Where you get that claim from? Have you seen floater laser surgery before? I don't have to teach you, go and YouTube it. It's due to degradation that forms the floater in the transparent liquid in your eye
As much as i trust dr bates method, you do not just spout this tiny bit of wrong info and damage dr bates' reputation.

Oleg Krupnov said...

@353flyer: Have you even read the original book by Dr. Bates? The whole Chapter XXIII is devoted to the floaters: "FLOATING SPECKS: THEIR CAUSE AND CURE" http://www.central-fixation.com/perfect-sight-without-glasses/chapter-23.php
I don't have to teach you, go and read the book, finally! :)

That said, my current belief is that while the floaters might be real and not an illusion, Dr. Bates is right that people only notice them when they strain. And the more they worry about it, the more they strain and the more they notice them. Otherwise the floaters are normal, even people with normal sight can notice them, e.g. when they look at a bright object.

piergiorgio said...

i stared at sun for thirti minutes at ten am, and i have had pain toeye for weeks, how can i make it go away? eye doctor says my eye is ok-

Unknown said...

I was very much interested and then l read that it was evil.

Unknown said...

I was very much interested and then l read that it was evil.

Doctoroo said...

That's great information. Thanks for sharing this blog. I did a search and found your blog and glowing review. It's been a big help! Thanx for sharing.
house call doctor | home visit doctor

Unknown said...

But there is no any restriction, only the health of your eyes? I mean, ultra violet rays are not too strong for the eyes? It would be posible to look 45 minutes with no danger to for a healthy eyes?

Unknown said...

But there is no any restriction, only the health of your eyes? I mean, ultra violet rays are not too strong for the eyes? It would be posible to look 45 minutes with no danger to for a healthy eyes?

Unknown said...

I too curious about your scotoma experience. I did my sun treatment wrong as well. Stared at the sun for an whole hour on my first try, and ended up with scotoma in each eyes. It's been a week & it just won't go away. Worried I was, went straight to an ophthalmologist and checked my eyes out. The doctor said that I might have damaged my retina from prolonged exposexp to UV rays. Visited 3 doctors and all of them told me that it is never safe to stare at the sun. I can't believe I just tried this sungazing. Got only 2 eyes in my lifetime and just took them for granted. My question is, how are these scotomas an illusion if it's caused by damage from the sun rays?? Will this ever go away?? Help please... The feeling of guilt inside me is giving me suicidal thoughts. I want my eyes back without this black spot in the center of my vision... T_T

Oleg Krupnov said...

@Unknown, I understand what you feel, I felt the same, panicked. You're asking questions, but only after you've done a stupid thing. I did my sun gazing around Christmas, so sun was quite low even at noon. I stared at it for an hour or so. My scotoma was bright and sparkling. It was completely gone after a few weeks or months. Afterwards, in the area of the gone scotoma, for some time I had some strange illusions: when I looked at a grid of fine lines, the cell I was looking at seemed to be a little curved, as if I looked through a small magnifying glass. But after some time (can't remember how much) these illusions were gone too. I haven't had my eyes' retina checked by an ophthalmologist, so I can't tell if the sun has really done some damage to my retina, but so far as I can feel my eyes now, it hasn't really. My eyes have completely recovered. I practice relaxation with Bates method and I get flashes of 100% clear sight. I don't know however if anyone can recover too. I read about some ancient astronomer who went totally blind after observing the sun in the telescope for a long time. He obviously was under a great strain and didn't try to practice mental relaxation.

I don't know if scotoma is an illusion or a physical effect on the retina. Not likely it's caused by UV because you can get a scotoma even if you stare at the sun through a window glass (which filters out UV). Certainly UV can burn your eyeball and skin of eyelids, and maybe retina too. I think eye doctors exaggerate the perils of the direct sun gazing, but this doesn't mean it's safe either. There's just too little study because of the too little value of the subject, and eye doctors prefer to err on the safe side.

Again: I DO NOT RECOMMEND DIRECT SUN GAZING WITH OPENED EYES, IT WAS A MISTAKE OF MINE. Practice sun treatment with closed eyelids, it gives much better results for mental relaxation and without any risk whatsoever. I wonder if I should remove this post altogether, it seems to be doing more harm than good.

Unknown said...

No please don't remove this post. I don't blame anyone but myself for doing such a stupid thing. In fact, this blog is the only thing that gives me hope after what I have done.

I am freaking out and being paranoid about this scotoma while it's just been 2 weeks since the incident and the occurrence of it. I should probably wait it out and give more time for it to go away on it's own. Right now, the only thing I can do is to try and remain calm and believe that this scotomas are an illusion as you mentioned above. If you've successfully got rid of them with this mindset, I hope I can too.

It would be a huge help if you could share me your experience , like things that I should avoid to not worsen this situation or what are things you did to get rid of this blind spots other than just forgetting about it?

More importantly, the main reason why I can't forget about this scotoma and move on it is because they're really frustrating me while driving, reading or looking at a person's face from a distant where I can't even recognize them no more. Things like that are giving me anxiety. How did you manage to cope with this during this period of your time?

Also, I wish to practice Bates relaxation methods just as you but I can't seem to find anything about this on the Internet. Would really appreciate it if you could send me any links to the source as I'm not sure how to practice central fixation correctly.

Keeping my fingers crossed, and hoping that these scotomas would go away if I follow your footsteps. I currently feel so lost and in need of help from someone who had overcome the same problem as me.
Many many thanks in advance for any advice given, really appreciate your help. Thanks once again!

Oleg Krupnov said...

@Unknown: Dr. Bates wrote that scotoma is an illusion of the mind. I don't know if he was right, but at least, part of the scotoma is indeed an illusion, caused by the mental strain. The vision is lowered when the mind tries to see what cannot be seen – because your eyesight is imperfect, or the light is too poor, or the distance is too far/too close, or you have a scotoma. The healthy eye just ignores the parts that it cannot see and moves on. By contrast, the strained eye will stare at the bit it cannot see, causing the strain to increase and the vision to lower even more.

This is why I'd recommend to forget and ignore the scotoma. You cannot help it anyway, and by worrying and checking it all the time you will only make it worse. Instead, practice palming, central fixation, long swing, sun treatment with closed eyes. These are the methods for mental relaxation.

As for the sources of Bates method – you must be kidding. My entire blog is devoted to the Bates Method. The original book can be found here: https://www.central-fixation.com/perfect-sight-without-glasses/

If you don't know Bates method, why did you sun-gaze at all?

Please try the method and update us about your condition, how soon it will go away!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the response! & also sorry for the late reply, I was holding back because I was actually waiting for any improvements before I update my conditions but unfortunately there's very few improvements and newer symptoms started to appear in both of my eyes.

The scotomas in both of my eyes had become slightly less noticeable now although I am aware that they're not completely gone.
The first 4 weeks after my sungazing experience, my scotomas were really bright and striking which made reading books or recognizing faces from a distance a difficult task. But now it's been 7 weeks and the scotoma is slightly less significant in bright, well-lighted areas as I can't see it unless I really focus on it.
However, the scotomas can still be seen effortlessly in a dark area or on plain colors such as blue, green or pink etc. The scotoma remains the same blue/yellow colored spot but it appears to be a gray spot when I look at the colored objects.

As for the newer symptoms I have mentioned, many floaters started to appear in my eyes but the floaters are not visible indoors and only seem to appear when I go outdoors during daylight. I tried to convince my mind that the floaters are an illusion as well but whenever I go outside during the day, the floaters are just so obvious and can be seen everywhere I roll my eyes. I feel as if they're like tiny snowflakes falling right in front of me and it's just so hard to ignore them. For this reason alone, I don't really leave my house anymore during the day fearing that I will see the floaters again and that's just really depressing. Has your floaters disappeared along with the scotoma or is it still visible?
I hear that floaters are very common and can be seen in every normal eye but personally, I have never seen floaters in my eyes before this incident.
The second symptom I've experienced was just exactly what you've described to weeks ago.
"Afterwards, in the area of the gone scotoma, for some time I had some strange illusions: when I looked at a grid of fine lines, the cell I was looking at seemed to be a little curved, as if I looked through a small magnifying glass."
I noticed this when I was looking at the air vent and the graph chart at my work place and they appear to be curving and slightly bent at the area of my scotoma.

Recently, I had received my OCT examination results and the ophthalmologist confirmed that there are slight physical changes on my retina and told me it could take anywhere between 1-12 month(or more) for it to completely heal. I'm actually surprised it only took you about 2 months for a complete recovery. I should probably start working on palming or central fixation as quite often as possible and hope for the best.

Unknown said...

Finally, the reason I sungazed was not actually influenced by Bates Method at all. In fact, to be honest I didn't even know who was Dr. Bates before I did my sungazing.

Few months prior to all of this, I started experiencing slight blurry visions in my eyes. I went to the doctor to get my eyes checked and they had told me that it's time for me to start wearing glasses. Personally, I didn't like wearing glasses at all as I'm still very young (I'm 18) and no one in my family has ever worn glasses before. So, instead I was looking online for an alternative to wearing glasses and I found that a healthy diet and some eye exercises would improve my vision. Along with that, I also had found an article (can't remember which one) which stated that sungazing daily in the morning during the first hour of sunrise would greatly improve one's eyesight and cures all sorts of vision problems.
After reading the article, I decided to try it straight away the very next day and didn't take any precautions at all. I looked at the sun during sunrise for about an hour and immediately ended up with the scotoma in both of my eyes on the very first try.

That is how I ended up here to your blog seeking for a solution to my scotoma and discovered Bates Method as well.

Speaking of Bates method, I think I have realized what went wrong with my sungazing practice. Previously on your blog, you did mentioned about what Dr. Bates said:
"One has to be very careful in recommending sun-gazing to persons with imperfect sight; because although no permanent harm can result from it, great temporary discomfort may be produced, with no permanent benefit. In some rare cases, however, complete cures have been effected by this means alone."

I didn't even know this fact when I looked at the sun and the sole purpose of me sungazing was literally to cure my imperfect eyesight (blurry vision).
This is actually my biggest regret. If I had found out Bates Method earlier, all of this could be simply avoided.
I do have a question though, if sungazing with imperfect eyesight causes a scotoma then were you having an imperfect sight as well when you did your sungazing? I'm a little curious on what caused the scotoma for you.

Oleg Krupnov said...

It's a good news for you that you sungazed early in the morning. If the sun was really that low, I am amost 100% sure it's impossible to physically harm your retina by looking at it, no matter how long you look. It's just isn't bright enough. (Bates said even high sun wouldn't really harm but that is not something I'm sure in.) Your doctor said "slight physical changes", which sounds like there isn't really anything. He simply couldn't say nothing :) Did he add any detail? Mental strain causes muscle strain and muscles may modify blood flow, this is why your retina may appear "changed". However, he would certainly note if it was burned or something really serious. So you are lucky!

Paradoxically, even though the low sun cannot really harm the eyes, I find it much easier to produce high degree of mental strain if the gazer already has imperfect sight. Conversely, when the sun is at zenith, it becomes physically impossible to look at it for any length of time, unless your mind is fully relaxed. This is how it works: if you figure out how to look at a high sun without pain, you may benefit from it because it means you're relaxed at the moment. (Don't do it though, the quote from Bates holds true – there are much more productive and comfortable ways). By contrast, when the sun is low, it's easy to look at it with strain, and the strain only gets worse.

Speaking again of my own experience – I looked at the high sun at noon but it was on Christmas, when the sun is at its lowest even at noon. Yes, I looked at it with a sizeable amount of strain, I forced myself to overcome pain and still look at it, until I developed scotoma. You should never do it – sungazing is only beneficial when the eyes open up easily from the very start and without any disagreeable sensation.

I wouldn't worry about your floaters. When the scotoma is really intensive, at some point you may notice the floaters inside it, like boiling noise, especially when you look at a bright surface such as the sky. They should go away as the scotoma will fade out.

Your main risk now is that because your central field of vision is temporarily affected, it will encourage you to develop eccentric fixation, i.e. when you use your eccentric field of vision to see as good as you used to see in the center point. This is a recipe for myopia and all kinds of disagreeable symptoms related to vision. To prevent this, you should practice central fixation as much as you can. It should even help cure your scotoma more quickly because it's obviously not based on physical changes and is mostly mental.

I'd also recommend the palming practice. When you close and cover your eyes, disconnect yourself from the image of scotoma before your eyes, put your eyes at rest and imagine yourself in some different situation. For example, for me it works best to imagine myself standing on the ground near a white wall of my house, brightly lit with morning sunshine, and looking up in the blue sky just above the roof. Once I get the visual sensation of white and blue colors, it relaxes me very quickly.

Don't be afraid to go outside to get more light into your eyes. If you keep yourself in the dark, it will only make your recovery longer. People who have to stay in the dark most of their time develop various problems with their eyes (even inflammations).

Oleg Krupnov said...

Please read carefully the original book by Dr. Bates.
https://www.central-fixation.com/perfect-sight-without-glasses/
You can also read the "Better Eyesight Magazine" by Dr. Bates. Unfortunately, the Internet is chokeful of bullshit that claims itself based on Bates method, but in fact it's misleading and just doesn't work. Dr. Bates was the only scientist who worked in this field, for all his lifetime, and is told to have hundreds of real success stories in his clinics. You have suffered because your sources of information were of low quality. I've come through this mistake back in the day too. Your myopia has just started and you never worn glasses, therefore you have very good chances that Bates method will help you fully recover your vision. Diet, sungazing, eye massage, bullshit "excercises" will not help. Go to the true sources!

Unknown said...

"The vision is lowered when the mind tries to see what cannot be seen"

Your best comment!!

It only makes sense when we start to actually work with light, continuous light perception, etc.

The clear flashes (sharp vision flashes) always pointed to that conclusion. But it is very difficult to notice what is happening in the background while a clear flash is happening.
However, there are a number of changes in breathing pattern, body posture, head angulation, etc.

When we try to see, we are actually trying to avoid the light source (artificial or natural). As if we were trying to avoid the whole environment just because we consciously know there is some light somewhere.

So we started to operate only with the leftovers of light, we lose connection with the environment's light source and we get lost in the environment.

Note that people who can see well, they have an affinity for light sources, they are always adjusting their bodies for the emission of light.

I remember when the ophthalmologist increased my spectacle grade, instinctively I noticed that my attention was all on the light sources (lamp, sun, pole).

And that's basically what we need to rescue, adjust our bodies so that the light works with our eyes. It even seems that the eyes are light transmitters, they receive light and send light all the time.

When I do sun treatament I can see that there is a feeling that I connect directly with things that send light or pass light. As if I no longer need to operate with the leftovers of light, but directly with the source her, and this alters my perception of reality, my body posture, my mood.

Andrew Huberman (a Stanford ophthalmologist and neurobiologist) is talking about this on his YouTube podcast, corroborating much of what Dr. Bates said 100 years ago.

I would adopt more relaxation techniques, such as the well-known yawn, physiologic sigh (phrenic nerve), diving reflex (we can do with a cold towell), some PRI protocols, psoas stretching and some ear Crystal liquid maneuver.